Elvet Chartered Surveyors are regularly appointed as construction consultants at the inception of a project to help develop the initial scheme by:
- Preparing development cost plans
- Advice and procurement regarding the appointment of consultancy services
- Preparing and agreeing the procurement strategy
- Advice on the relevant forms of contract
- Preparing employers requirements
- Preparing the business case
- Developing the finance strategy
- Preparing tender documents, managing the tender process and undertaking the tender evaluation.
- Risk management
- Value engineering
- Contract Administration
- Cost Control
- Change Management
Elvet Chartered Surveyors have competent and experienced Contract Administrators, who have successfully delivered a wide range of projects in a variety of sectors including social housing, private housing, commercial properties, and education.
We have administrated contracts using the NEC Suite of Contracts, JCT Standard Forms of Contract and the PPC2000 Standard form of contract project partnering.
Other Cost Management services:
Elvet Chartered Surveyors employ a team of formally qualified and registered NEC Project Managers, with experience of delivering high-profile projects using the NEC ECC Contracts, which have been developed to procure a diverse range of works; including both service and supply contracts that span major framework deals, to minor works.
The contracts have been designed to:
- Stimulate good management.
- Offer flexibility to suit a range of circumstances that can be used for a wide variety of commercial projects.
- Provide clear, simple and plain language.
- Promote collaborative working.
Our Project Managers are accredited NEC ECC Project Managers which demonstrates that they have the relevant skills, competency and tools required to execute the projects in accordance with the contract. Additionally, this is an international qualification which provides our clients greater confidence that they are receiving professional advice and the highest standard of service.
In addition to offering the Project Management role we have also provided Quantity Surveying services for NEC contracts to provide commercial support to the Project Manager when assessing valuations and compensation events.
Moreover, we have also fulfilled the duties of the NEC Site Supervisor on several high value commissions for local government.