Elvet was appointed as construction manager under the JCT Construction Management Contract to deliver a new build housing development for a private investor. Under the contract, we are responsible for delivering the entire process including procuring subcontractors, ordering materials and managing the construction delivery on our client’s behalf.
Elvet was engaged in October 2014 and the scheme commenced in March 2015. The scheme includes the demolition of a former Methodist Church and regenerating the site with the construction of seven 4-bedroom houses for private sale.
Our main responsibilities include:
- Preparation of development cost plans from stage 1 to 3.
- Providing cost management and validation for their funding provider including cashflow monitoring to ensure sufficient funds are available for draw down.
- Preparing, issuing and evaluating subcontractor tenders. Including the appointment and on site management.
- Preparing and monitoring the construction programme.
- Procuring the building materials.
- Ensuring compliance with Building Control, Planning and Premier Warranties.
- Procuring the utilities connections.
- Preparing Energy Performance calculations.
- CDM Regulations
The project incorporates our Cost Management, Project Management and Sustainability services offering the client value for money rather than engaging several organisations. The development is due for completion in Autumn 2015.